Friday, December 21, 2012

Apocalypse Now

Today marks the end of the Mayan Calendar as well as the beginning of Winter Solstice; a little late in the game, winter, but I suppose its better late than never.

Today was a testament of my patience, my ability to forgive, and my incredible capacity to smile when you feel like the world is ending. With that test of virtue, I begin this open letter- a reminder to let you know that despite our greatest differences, we are on the same fucking team.

You spoke ill of me to others; you however, are not the only guilty party. The vicious words which escaped your lips were like venom; and here I thought I was wrong in my initial hesitation to befriend you. Infuriated I became, and my eyes began to burn, but I took a deep breath and this I say to you. I don't know what it is about me that irks you, I may not have the same accolades as you do, but I'm just as eager to learn. What a trying year its been, and still that proves to be the case. I acknowledged the fact that I am not what you are, but it doesn't make me a liar; I have not falsified my qualifications nor my accomplishments and I will not let your weary words devalue what I've done. Take pride in what you know and teach others; you do what you do because you love it, and so do I. Remember, we're on the same team, and we'll get nowhere fast if we can't just shoot the shit and treat each other well.



No comments:

Post a Comment