Friday, October 5, 2012

Cream Cheese

Culinary masterpiece left incomplete until you arrived, cream cheese.

I destroyed the omelette vessel in which you traveled from package to plate. Sun-dried tomatoes burst with such flavor, assertiveness, and then from no where, your creamy texture turns my mouth to velvet. What serendipitous occurrence brought us together? The want of a pancake. What fortune I have; unconstrained by conventional uses, I need no bagel, merely the want and a keen eye. Nary a person dare challenge your ability, for your uses are plenty and your appeal far and wide. Blog posts do you no justice and odes are obsolete, but still I'll sing your praises. Heathclif to Catherine, that dish was my Wurthering Heights; Emily Bronte could not describe adequately your virtue. Subtle in flavor, rich in texture, Oh cream cheese, may you reign forever over the soft cheese kingdom.

Next week's discussion: Tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment